12.30.2012

Success.

I am sorry if I have seemed dramatic the past few posts. I figured whoever was commenting was joking, but I don't condone cyber bullying in any way. Having been someone that jokes (more than I am serious, for that matter), I have been the accidental bully myself. I am not that self conscious, but because I figured I would never get the chance to discuss the topic with the anonymous blogger, I figured posting that would show what I had to learn the hard way.

This fits with anyone and any form of joking. You don't know who is vulnerable, even if you think you do. I am fine, but I have struggled with my self image and this did make me feel bad a little. Just remember, the world is a hard place. You can make it easier for everyone by being a friend always.

I don't like tooting my own horn, but someone shared this story with me that made me realize even more how true this is.



Once I was at a party where I didn't know anyone but the host. It was an awkward situation. And, needless to say, I was kinda uncomfortable. But I remember this hilarious guy over in the corner. He was pretty attractive, I must say. I watched him from afar. The way an awkward outsider who frequently creeps on other people's conversations does. This guy was downright hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at his witty remarks. And then, a little bit later, that gentleman introduced himself and was kind to me the whole night. He was one of those rare hilarious gents who has his head on straight. One that everyone admires and some fools show that as envy. One that makes you laugh till your sides split, but knows when it's right to joke, and when it's good to be serious. He made my night. He involved me in conversations when I was an outsider.


I honestly have no memory of this occurrence, which helps. You literally have no idea when you will have the opportunity to be someone's best friend, even just for a night. You have the power to make someone worse, but you have more power to make them better.

How's that for a lesson learned through deception and trickery? Really though, sorry for the mislead (even though I did start out that post saying, "I am a liar. I lie a ton."). I thought this ended better than I was planning. Also, a side lesson for you: Don't tangle with Wyatt Duclos via written word, because he is like the Superman of the English language.

Also, if you are completely lost as to what I am talking about (it's a hard thing to follow), read this post and the comments, then this post and it's comments, then finally this post. Hopefully that will help you understand what happened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lesson, I guess. Victory's to you!
Also, I know I'm not the only one thinking it- ASK THAT GIRL OUT! she deserves it.