12.30.2012

Confession

I am a liar. I lie a ton. Especially to myself. I pretend to be smarter, cooler, funnier, and better looking than I am. Because I learned a while back that when you throw yourself in the deep end of anything, you'll struggle, but then you'll swim. For example, I say I am smarter than I am. I make everyone around me think I am a genius. Then, when it comes to it, I usually am. You're already more than you imagine you can be, you just have to push yourself. That is a philosophy I have developed. But here is the truth.

I think I am ugly. I think I am stupid. I think that there is no reason any person ever should be attracted to me. I believe there is no draw to me. But I pretend to be attractive. I throw myself into the deep end. I pretend to be attractive. I try to think that I am. But I am not. So if you think, "Wow, Wyatt is ugly. Ugly enough to make woman stop liking men in general. I should inform him in an anonymous way because that isn't a piece of crap move at all. In fact, I am sure that is exactly what great men like Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, and Albert Einstein would do. I even think Jesus Christ would be judgmental and anonymously make a guy feel bad about himself. I am making the world a better place and not making a self conscious person feel bad at all," just know,  you are wrong.

I don't need complete jerks telling me I'm ugly.

I don't need any more negative thoughts generated in my brain.

I don't need you commenting on my life.

I hope your goal is to make me commit suicide, because, honestly, that is the only thing that you'll really accomplish. You aren't funny. You aren't making anyone think less of me besides me. The only thing in the world that you are doing is, by the definition of the world, being a total skunk. 

If you really feel I need your advice, don't take the coward's approach. Sign your name. As Captain Malcolm Reynolds once said, "Next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."

2 comments:

claire scout said...

wyatt i want to strangle whoever posted that. what a poop slice of a person. i honestly want to strangle them. you rock. don't forget it. and also you are very smart and good looking. not lying.

the dreamer said...

I'm going to post under an anonymous gmail account of mine because honestly, it doesn't matter who I am. And it's easier to be really honest when there's no name attached. So, I, random citizen of the female assortment(Might I say, you strangely seem to attract a lot of anonymous comment-ers on your blog. Which is kinda bizarre. Moving on.) I have a little story to tell you. Once I was at a party where I didn't know anyone but the host. It was an awkward situation. And, needless to say, I was kinda uncomfortable. But I remember this hilarious guy over in the corner. He was pretty attractive, I must say. I watched him from afar. The way an awkward outsider who frequently creeps on other people's conversations does. This guy was downright hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at his witty remarks. And then, a little bit later, that gentleman introduced himself and was kind to me the whole night. He was one of those rare hilarious gents who has his head on straight. One that everyone admires and some fools show that as envy. One that makes you laugh till your sides split, but knows when it's right to joke, and when it's good to be serious. He made my night. He involved me in conversations when I was an outsider. And I image that's how he always is. Seeking the "lost sheep" so to speak. I've never had the chance to thank him and tell him how much I respect him. Instead I just creeperly read his blog. But when I read this post I realized I needed to speak up. I don't understand why some people are so inconsiderate and make fun of people like that. I think it's because there's no fault to find in a genuine heart like yours and so they take it out by making fun of you in such an immature way. People are dumb. Please don't let it get you down. It's people like you that make this world a better place. Shrug it off. Smile anyway. (Nothing makes them madder.) :) I wish the very best for you. And thank you for making a difference for me in this bumpy road we call life. You, my friend, are remarkable. Oh, and one more thing. (If I'm going to write a novel post, might as well say it all.) Those "lies" you tell yourself? Don't for one. second. believe that they are lies, you hear me? A wise man once said, "You know where Satan lives. Tell him where to go."