7.04.2011

Grovecreek 7th Ward Priests Quorum 2011: Brotherhood

Here are some people you should know:
Corry Cloward. I learned that for 11 of the past 12 years, he has been a young men's advisor. He it a native to Provo and a die-hard BYU fan. He has the ultimate dream job: he designs water parks. You are totally jealous. For his job, he has to travel for weeks at a time. He has been to China, Japan, and basically everywhere. I asked him this past week, while at Scout Camp, were his favorite place to go is. He told me something that I hope will apply to my future. He said that when he gets onto a plane, the place he wants to be headed is always home. Good answer. 
Cloward is a great guy who truly cares about his family and the young men in his tutelage. I appreciate the love he shows me and the example he is. He is a man.


Brother Hillhouse, Hillhouse, Heffe, Jeff, Jeffwey. You name it, he is already named it. He is a master repeller, but kind of a wimp when it comes to spiders. He is a great guy who bruises like an overripe peach. He is a great leader.

Jake Erling. He is a good kid. He can be a little too serious at times, but he is smart enough to not look like an idiot while doing so. He has gained my love and respect as we've become brothers in our quorum and he is a great man.

He is the one facing us. I am looking at a wall.
Lambo. He is such a nice guy.I found out, through experience, that if he is mad at you, you are probably doing something that would kill someone, or worse get you expelled. He is so Christlike.
My former teachers quorum advisor, former home-teaching companion, and current bishop, Nathan Anderson. He taught me how to keep on pressing on. He made me hike 50 miles in the rain. He made me home-teach a woman who hates me. He taught me how to love my neighbor.


Top row: Taft Robinson, Aaron McArthur, Christopher Clegg, Idiotface McGee, Dalton Archibald, David Byrd, Corry Cloward. Bottom row: Seth Crandall, Paul "Lambo" Lambert, Henson Walker, Nathan Anderson, Jeff Hillhouse. Not pictured: Jacob Erling, Trevor Ward, Cooper Caldwell, JC Hinojos, and Hayden Sanderson.
I was kind of leading up to this. After the BEST week of my life, I realized how much I love these guys. It is so much fun being with them and being able to forget the troubles of life and quote asdf. We, as Cloward puts it, are a brotherhood who are stronger than anyone that came before us (that he advised, anyway). I cannot think of a single man in this quorum who I do not love liken to myself. They are the best.
Here are my favorite pictures that I have seen:
Hillhouse and I on our way up to the Calf's Creek Waterfall.

My awesome frisbee catch out of the water.

Swimming at the falls.

Our sweaty backs after the hike up.


Flexing our muscles. I am flexing my fat.
We went repelling in the slot canyons the next day.



A hole you had to go through on the way down called The Rabbit Hole. It is so small, we had to take off our backpacks to get through it.












We stuck our heads into holes. No big deal.

The first repel of the day. So fun.


There were thousands of spiders in groups like this after one repel. It was so gross.


Here's one compared to my foot. 




Aaron had a lizard, so he put it on his face.
We had a 5 lbs. bag of gummy worms that melted. So we hit each other with it.

This is just after eating steak. Very good stuff. Taft and I also saw George Lucas at the City Mart that day.
Here is a giant sand hill we went to after white water rafting. It was way fun.
Taft jumping off a rock on the hill. This angle looks like he is about to die.
There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness. 

Sitting in a window arch.
We saw the Delicate Arch.
And Landscape Arch.
I will post more pictures. Someday.

1 comment:

Miss Eliza Shumway said...

i thoroughly enjoyed this post.