7.17.2011

Greatest Fear.

Greatest Fear

I am proud to say that I am very brave (at least in past circumstances I have proven myself). I believe that, if needs be, I could do anything. If the situation was grave enough, I would be victorious. But I am not fearless. I submit to you my greatest fear: I fear that those I love and care deeply about don't care about me, or worse yet, dislike me. I am afraid that my friends who I would die for think of me as next to nothing. I fear that my best is not good enough. I fear I am a nuisance. I always think it and I hate it. I don't know if I'm anything worth caring for.
But then I remember someone, the greatest person ever to love. I remember our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He loves me. He knows who I am and still, He loves me. He rejoices when I make good choices, even when I am alone. When I make bad choices, He waits with open arms of forgiveness. No matter the problems in my life, He and my Father in Heaven will support me.
Jesus, my older brother, loves me enough that He died so I may be eternally happy. He suffered pain and scorn because He knew it would be worth doing. And He did not do this just for me. He did this for my friends, my neighbors, everyone who has been on this earth or will be on this earth. He is our shepherd, the voice in the dark, calling us to the light. He did so much for us because He loves us. He loves me.

So from now on, if you ever wonder, Am I good enough?, just remember, He knows you are and no one else can even compare.

No comments: