7.31.2011

Church

I wake up at 8:00. I get to church by 8:30. I set up chairs in the Cultural Hall, the Relief Society room, and the Primary Room. I then go sit on the stand and get ready to bless the sacrament. Sacrament meeting ends and I grab my Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, Preach My Gospel, Duty to God, For the Strength of Youth, Study Journal and True to the Faith, then head to class. I sit in Sunday school, trying to listen to Cecil, hearing the jabber mouth of my class, and ignoring the girl who hates me. I go to Priests quorum. I listen to whoever is speaking and punch Taft. For some reason I always write on the board as a scribe (Probably because Aaron McArthur can't write legibly). I go do my assignments, then I go home. On 2nd and 4th Sundays I stay in my church clothes until 3:00, waiting for Mission Prep. Class.


That is my regular schedule. When it comes to my place in my ward, I am the goofball. You know Sokka from Avatar? I'm similar to him. I am hardly taken seriously by anyone in the youth organization. Today was strange.

Two weeks ago we decided to come up with ideas for Youth Conference and we needed someone to go to the planning meeting in two weeks (today). I volunteered. Everyone said I was too silly and we needed someone serious, but no one really changed the plan. So today I went to the meeting. It involved one youth and one leader from each group participating (Priests, Teachers, Miamaids, and Laurels) and a few of the bishopric members. I walked and arrived early. I realized that I, a representative of the Priests, would be conducting the entire planning meeting.

We started and I conducted. I can say without a doubt that I totally messed up in the first sentence. Then it went perfect. We had a great meeting. I saw my leader, Brother Cloward, nod his head after many things I said. As a council, we found our theme and a scripture: "Go Forward With Faith" 2 Nephi 31:20. We made a plan. I took the reins and I rocked it. I don't often let myself feel good about my accomplishments, but I really aced it. It feels good to feel proud of my actions. 


It feels better to be taken seriously.

No comments: