3.31.2011

I wander while I hate you, reality.

Don't worry, I don't hate all reality. Just reality TV. It really sucks. My dad loves it, but I hate it. I know that they are all acting anyway, so why watch horribly written, bad quality shows about overweight rednecks who hunt for crocs? I just don't see the point.

I have some pretty great friends. Everyone seems to have their own niche, but I like to consider myself more of a nomad. It all started in 7th grade. (Memory fade)
I was a shrimp of a sevy (sevey? sivey?). I had gone to a school full of jerks (no offense) and had no real allegiances at my new school. I had a few different friends, but no one I was too comfortable with. My homeroom class was health*. There was a girl in my class by the name of Katie Clark. She was pretty, so I went for a shot. We became good friends. Instead of creating a niche, we wandered around. 

As it turns out Katie had a crush on me (I am completely clueless when it comes to people liking others). Due to my cluelessness, she stopped hanging out with me (so she didn't really like me that much, I guess). I was in a predicament. It was halfway through the school year, and my only near niche was shot. So what does one do in such a predicament? (Not find a niche) You just wander around alone

So that is what I did. From 7.5th grade to 9th, I walked around, by myself, and met people. I feel like I was like Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. The only difference, however, is that people seem to like Gandalf WAY more than me. Take for example, Payton Doyle. What a jerk. He deserves a good punch to the everywhere. But I digress.

Then I went to the high school. I thought, 'This year should be different.' I wanted the modest, one place at lunch type of guy. After about two weeks, I realized it didn't work. I could not stay in one place. Everyone had their own place and I never got into one. There was never a seat for Wyatt. I was a forced nomad. 


*I believe this is where Trevor Ward and I became such good friends.

I wander everywhere now. I can't just stay put.  

And that is why I am a nomad.

So surprise, my team made it onto the Pleasant Grove High School Scripture Mastery March Madness Championship Final (or PGHSSMMMCF)! It is so nerve racking. We play tomorrow, and I am the worst player on my team. Wish me luck.

No comments: