3.27.2011

My Spare Time Gets Nabbed

Me and my family are in the process of redoing our front room. It is really exciting, but it is also a ton of work. From 9:30 AM until 8:30  PM, I was working on it. I am sore, tired, and finally clean.

I find that if I do not have plans for Saturday, and sometimes when I do, my day gets stolen by my dad's projects. Not that I don't enjoy it, but it does tire me. Anyway, want to see some (sorry, I just got interrupted by my dad) pictures? Here you go.

Entry Hall
Dining Room (See if you can spot the pure awesomeness)

Family Room
We also cut our entertainment center down a few feet.

The science fair. Well, it is kind of a disappointment. Not because I didn't do well (third in my category, Microbiology), but because I thought that chances of going onto ISEF (international) were pretty good. As it turns out, however, only five people went to ISEF. When I found this out, I knew I wasn't going on, which was a bummer. But I won $25.00, got a medal and an award, and a Chinese judge was very impressed by my work. I cannot walk away from this experience saying I suck at science. I was really tempted to write on here the other day, saying that I would never go to the science fair again, because I sucked at science, but now I know that the only thing quitting does is cut me short of my true potential. I will never do that to myself, my future wife, and my future children.

5 comments:

Jameson said...

whoa you're family room looks real small with just the tv there. Did you hid the ps3 in the cabinet under the tv?

W. R. Duclos said...

Yeah. Me and my dad cut it ourselves. The cabinet, not the PS3.

Unknown said...

The paint job looks so nice!!

W. R. Duclos said...

My mother and brother did that. I put the beadboard up with my father.

Unknown said...

Well that looks good too buddy haha.