2.21.2011

Saltcon 2011!

If you didn't notice, I didn't post anything Saturday and Sunday. If you did notice, I want you to know my life is not that entertaining that you should check everyday. Anyway, Saturday, my brother, Bob, and I, went to a thing called Saltcon.

This convention, for that is what it was, was for gaming. Not just any gaming, however. Board gaming. Yesterday I spent 12 hours playing board games. I must admit, it does sound boring if your definition of a good board game is Monopoly. You see, there is a board game community. In this community, there are board games that go above and beyond your wildest board game dreams. Take, for a mild example, Settlers of Catan. This is a very simple game, and nowhere near the best. but if you have played it, you know that it is mind-blowingly awesome. My favorites of the board game realm include:

Just to list a few. I love playing good board games, so if you are interested, I would enjoy teaching you and playing with you. Just talk to me, I am almost always not busy.

Well, as for yesterday, I didn't post because I am lazy. I started a post but never finished. This post, actually.

Like I said earlier, I love the show Firefly. And there is now a cause to help an actor buy the rights to the show. Due to it's cancellation, the die-hard Firefly fans started a group called "Help Nathan Buy Firefly." If you are interested, "like" them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter. Browncoats unite!


No comments: