2.22.2011

Me and My Religion

I am a Mormon. A Latter-Day Saint. A member of Zion. Whatever you want to call it, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know the gospel of this church to be the utter and complete truth. I wouldn't or couldn't deny it because I know it, and God knows I know it. Who am I to deny the truth? Who am I to go against God the father, and his son, Jesus Christ?

The reason I am so proud of my religion in this post is because I recently watched the movie "Saints and Soldiers." As you may or may not know, this movie has a character in it that is Mormon. He is a main character. But I am not proud of my religion because of the movie, I am proud of it because of the responses on Hulu. Many people were arguing about religion (About 2 or 3 Mormons), and every religious philosophy I read made me feel horrible. The thinks people think are true make me want to go on a mission right now. People who say they know the truth do not. I want to change that. To quote my favorite scripture:
Now behold, a amarvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2Therefore, O ye that embark in the aservice of God, see that yebserve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand cblameless before God at the last day.

3Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are acalled to the work;

4For behold the afield is white already to bharvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up incstore that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5And afaith, bhope, ccharity and dlove, with an eeye single to thefglory of God, gqualify him for the work.

6Remember faith, avirtue, knowledge, btemperance, cpatience,dbrotherly ekindness, fgodliness, charity, ghumility, hdiligence.

7aAsk, and ye shall receive; bknock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

D&C 4

No comments: