12.06.2011

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

I am a good liar, which is probably a bad thing. I can lie like Frank Abagnale Jr. But there are a few things that I will not ever lie about. Here they are for your enjoyment.

Truth #1
I will not lie about my weight. Unless my life depends on it, I can't find a reason why it is worth lying about. It's probably because I am a guy.
Truth #2
My religion is something I am simply too proud to lie about. I can never deny my testimony and my Father in Heaven. 
Truth #3
This is the one I wanted to talk about most. I will never lie for a compliment. I compliment people for one reason only: they are worthy of the truth. When I tell someone they are my hero or that a girl is beautiful beyond belief, I am being completely honest. I don't give half-true compliments to people in order to make them feel "better" about themselves. I tell people what I see in them and sometimes keep my mouth shut. 


Honesty is good. I lie too much. I should stop. That's a lie. I think there are some lies I've told that have actually replaced what happened in my memory, so vivid was the lie. In other words, I lie so well I fool myself.

1 comment:

Linds said...

Hey Wyatt,
You're pretty cool if you ask me.