12.05.2011

Thanksgiving

Sorry, I have been super busy. I really started writing this the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Here is my gratitude in a post.
Well. Thanksgiving. One of the best, most overshadowed holidays ever. Christmas really has a knack for oozing all over November, doesn't it? But because of the beautiful day of thanks, I would like to share with you what I am grateful for.
Things

  • These probably sound really materialistic, but I don't care.
  • My iPhone. Anyone who has spent ten minutes with me knows I use it more than a high school girl doesn't eat lunch. I really do love it (in a non-addiction way).
  • My bed. I can lay in there and fall asleep in less than a minute (which is not a good thing after I turn off my alarm). I almost never want to leave it.
  • My glasses. I deserve bad eyes because for the first eleven years of my life, I wanted glasses. I thought I looked good with them. They really help me see and I don't look half bad.
  • My gospel library. With the combined power of the standard works, Preach My Gospel and lots of other manuals, I can study any subject. I really love spending that half hour every night set aside to study. I always get something out of it.
  • Books. I can never get enough reading material.
  • Trees. I wish I had had a tree house because I love trees.
  • Water. I can't live three days without the stuff.
Places

  • My room. I sleep in it. I study in it. That's why I love it.
  • My house (especially when I'm alone). Their is a level of comfort in one's home that is unobtainable for any other place.
  • The KPGR radio room. I love being on the radio. Really, it is so much fun. I can forget the stupidity of the world and just enjoy myself. I love it.
  • Indian Springs. You know how every person has one place that isn't a part of the rest of the world? That is how I feel about Indian Springs. It is one of the most relaxing places in the world.
  • The temple. If you don't know why I love this place, you haven't been there.
  • My desk. I really only study my scriptures there and type letters. I think I have had more personal revelation there than anywhere else in the world.

People

  • My parents. They care for me and they forget that they don't have a choice in my missionary plans (they want me to stay home and be with them instead of leaving). They are so good to me.
  • Trevor Ward. I have talked about him a few times. I haven't even scratched the surface of the man I care about. He is one of the best friends I have ever had. He is a great guy.
  • Kassie Hamilton. She is a great artist and song writer and sometimes I think that she doesn't know how much I care about her. She is like the sister I never had. She is kind to everyone, even the ones I know she wants to punch in the face (which is me, some of the times).
  • Brock Duclos. I miss him so much and he really shows how a missionary should be. He is great.
  • Russell Mayo. He is a teacher at PGHS. He teaches Radio. He changed my life. He is one of the nicest, most selfless people I've met and I am happy he teaches at my school.
  • Delanie Doyle. She seems to be one person who always is nice to me, even when I shove her into a brick wall, or embarrass her in front of everyone, or any of the other things she accuses me of doing(long stories for all of those). She is a great example of love.
  • Brennan Burnett. He and I share a radio show on KPGR 88.1 FM Wednesdays 3:30-4:30. Although we don't always see eye to eye, our show is one thing I always look forward to.
  • You. I love people who read my blog and give me feedback. It is what I want to do for my career, so please feel free to read and love.
  • I really appreciate so many people, it would be hard to write about them all. So if their is someone not on this list that I know, chances are I am grateful for them.
That is just a fragment of what I am grateful for. Please, think of what you are grateful for every day of every year. It makes all the difference in the world.

I think I will be posting more tonight after I post this. I really want to write more, I just haven't the time.

1 comment:

Delanie said...

Thanks Wyatt :) That's very nice of you to say. I'm thankful for your example.