12.17.2011

Outsmarted

I received a call from a blocked number. A normal person would ignore it. I'm not normal. After answering, I ascertained a few things:
A. There are multiple girls in the room. (Background noise and giggling) 
B. This was obviously a prank call. (Nervous tone and slightly altered vocality and the call was from a blocked number) 
C. The call was not a coincidence. (The caller asked for Wyatt) 
D. I did not know the person speaking, but I certainly knew someone nearby. (Not a voice I recognized and they had a name connected to a number used by me for 110 days) 
E. This would be fun.

The caller, "Dixie," acted as though we had met in the last while and we had plans for this weekend. She certainly believed that this behavior would leave me grasping for sense in her words, so I did the opposite. With little interest in my voice I simply confirmed all she said and agreed with everything.  After catching her off guard, it was short work to make her to want to end the conversation. I simply cannot help but come out on top when someone tries to confound me. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haaahahaha.

^ that's all.

W. R. Duclos said...

It was pretty funny. I guess you already figured that out, though.