10.20.2011

Hundredth


It's days like today where I miss having a best friend.


 I look at this picture and imagine what happened 16 years, 9 months and 9 days ago. I imagine that what is happening now is very similar to the day I was born. My older brother was there, waiting for his little brother. Two and a half year old Brock waiting for his new best friend for life, not knowing what was to come. Not knowing the fights to come. Not knowing the happiness to come. Not knowing the love that would be shared. He didn't care that I was annoying or smelly, he loved me regardless. All he knew was Wyatt was coming. 

He loved me. He is my brother, so he has to. I miss him. He was the one that wanted his baby brother so badly he couldn't even take his hand away for a picture. He loves me. I miss my brother. 
He is out having the "best two years" and I can't help but be jealous. He is doing what we wanted to do ever since Nick came home and held us in our Hot Wheels pajamas. He is doing the Lord's work, and I wish I was, too. I miss him. 
My older brother, Jesus Christ, is there, waiting for his baby brother. He doesn't care if I am annoying or if I'm popular. He knows all love. He welcomes me with open arms and He loves me. He is helping Brock in the mission field and He will soon help me. I know my Savior lives. He loves me unconditionally, even if I were the worst person in the world. He is my older brother, so He shows me how much He loves me. I love Him. I miss Him. I miss Brock. I know He lives and I know Brock loves me, too. Don't ever forget the Savior, because He never forgets you.

3 comments:

Maren said...

so my computer is being lame and not letting me see the picture.. But that's such a great thought about your brother and the Savior(: I'm glad you're excited to serve a mission, mission are awesome!

W. R. Duclos said...

Thanks, Maren! It was just something I was thunking of yesterday. Also, it was the picture, not your computer, that was being lame. I did fix it, though.

Maren said...

This is so weird.. I didn't get an email that you replied haha. I think I usually do. But I'm glad you fixed it, I like it(: