10.02.2011

Design?

So I switched designs. Good, huh? (Update: 10/3/11 I hated the "Dynamic Views." But redo the old looks good too, eh?)

Conference was good. Another reason to procrastinate math homework.

Oh, um, do you want to see Homecoming pictures? Or hear the whole story? Okay, here you go:
 (Pardon the horrible smiles on my part. I hate my teeth)
 Friday night after a disappointing loss for PG, I set my alarm for 9:30. Call it luck or excitement for a day that I had ben planning since the beginning of the school year, I woke up at 9:00. I got ready for the day just in time to receive a message from Isaac Major requesting my help to set up for lunch. We had gotten together previously, that is the fourteen guys in our group, Isaac, Jake, Josh, Christian, Adam, Max, Mack, Nate Cutler, Nate Church, Zack, Derek, Nick, Noah, and myself, and said we would meet at Saver's at 11:00 (It takes a lot of time for fourteen guys to decide on one plan of action). So I went over to Isaac's house and helped him set up for lunch. Nate Cutler came and we went to go get chairs and tables from Isaac's grandma's house. For some strange reason, Isaac's younger brother, Joseph, came, but that is neither here nor there. After loading six tables and thirty chairs into Isaac's Suburban, we realized we were two seats in the negative for the ride home. Naturally, Nate sat in the back between the rear door and a stack of chairs and I got shotgun with Joe on my lap. Then Nate realized he needed to pick up his corsage at the high school. So we drove to the high school. Nate got his flower. We went back to Isaac's house and set up. We went to Isaac and Nate's neighbor's house to see if they would let us take pictures in their backyard. They said yes. We got into the car to go get our various dates about half an hour too late. We picked up our dates then got to Saver's at 11:40. 

 At Saver's, we had a contest to see who could buy the weirdest outfits for $15. Afterwards, we went to Menchies because they had free frozen yogurt. Then we went to the Major's house. On the way, I realized my embroidered dragon pants just weren't working because they were about twenty sizes too small, so I requested a stop to my house. I got my jumpsuit on and we were on our way.
Because I am too lazy to scan the pictures. Deal with it.

Isaac's dad made pizza for us, which was great. We took a few pictures, then at three, we dropped off our dates. Nate, Isaac, Nick, Zack and I went to the church where we were going to eat dinner to set up. We found out we needed more plates, so Isaac, Nate and I went to Macey's and got some more. Then we went to pick up Isaac's flower. We finished completely then went our separate ways. Half an hour later we go together to pick up our dates. Seriously, I got home, got ready, then left. 
I picked up Alese. She had a golden dress and brown hair. I thought she looked like a Disney Princess. My idiocy exceeds me when I told her she looked exactly like Cinderella. I didn't watch many princess movies growing up.

Basically a Alma-the-younger-struck-dumb speechlessness because of her beauty.
We got to the church and went inside. I didn't get any pictures of the dinner and I am too lazy to describe it, so just think of a romantic yet fun layout designed by me and go with it. My wonderful mother cooked for us. We had bacon-wrapped chicken and pineapple skewers, Brazilian cheese bread, Caesar salad, Brazilian  limeade, and Tres Leches cake. It was fillingly terrific.
My dad brought out his computer which was playing the BYU-Utah game, so a cluster of the group gathered around that. Alese and I went outside because it was hot inside and while we were out there, we saw a group of kids having a dance party in the parking lot. They were my friends! We went over and talked to them and invited them into the building. They talked with everyone then we all left for the dance.
We got to the dance and it was awesome. Alese and I got hot after an hour or so, so we went outside and sat on a rock and talked. Just to let you know, I don't kiss girls yet. Or guys for that matter. So we talked for about a half hour and I looked at the time. I felt sad because I knew that in about three hours, I would be saying goodbye to a gorgeous girl and closing one of the best days of my life. We went back into the dance.
We danced for the rest of the night. It was awesome.
I was with a ton of my closest friends and it was the best.
I was so happy. I did not want the night to end. I at least did not want to forget that moment. I did not want to forget my beautiful date, dancing to music I didn't really care for but I danced to anyway because that was the only sensible choice. 
So I pulled out my phone and took a picture of one of the best moments of my life. Even though she thought I was a sentimental dork, it was worth it. I asked her before I really knew her and, as it turned out, she is more than I bargained for. I had a great day with some of my best friends. I could've cared less about BYU and Utah, because I was with awesome people and an awesome girl. I will not soon forget my first formal dance.

No comments: