10.03.2011

Stand alone

Non-Priesthood holders should watch this. Priesthood holders, good job.
It is funny how this talk came right at a time when I did not realize it applied. Here is the down low (like Elder Holland, I will be speaking boldly): Teenagers take way too many liberties when it comes to the opposite gender. I have never really realized how much it surrounded me until just barely. I have had strong anti-relationship advocates fall for a pretty face and the words "stand alone" are becoming more prevalent to my life.
I want to make a commitment to you that I have already made to myself: I will not get into a relationship with or even kiss someone until after my mission. The youth of the church are taking principles like this less and less seriously, which is what leads to a downfall. Imagine a rock: if it gets smashed a hammer, you will instantly notice the jagged remains. But if a constant stream of water flows over it, the erosion is almost impossible to see. Although it takes time, our morals, like the rock, will wear away until we lose everything we once had.
If we are to get through this life, we just be completely true to the words of the prophet. Any step outside of what he says is not only risking your earthly happiness, it is risking your eternal salvation. Do not believe that what the world says is okay is. THe standards of the world and the standards of the church barely overlap. Turn to the prophet for guidance, not Justin Bieber. The Lord will not forsake you.
Sorry for going Word of God on you, I felt I needed to. Have a good day. No swearing.

No comments: