3.25.2013

Tricentennial Times

This is post three hundred. My first post was over two years ago. It was not that crazy of a time. I started this blog when I realized I am just too dang funny to not blog. Basically, I needed a journal and the publicity that I pretend I have gave me more encouragement than a book in my night stand would. This was the only thing I thought would be worth while by means of a life record. Plus, it would make my work easier when I make a movie of my life.

The hundredth post came about half a year later, a couple months after Brock left for his mission. It was right between the birth of my niece, Elise, and her diagnosis of a heart defect. It was a really happy time for that little window. It was just before our family went into a very trying time. 

The two hundredth is my most viewed post and for no good reason at all. The summer of 2012 had a lot of great posts and that is not one of them. Really, I can't think of a single reason why it's been viewed 235 times. I even purposefully did not put a link to it because that's how dumb it was.

And here we are, one hundred posts later. My life has changed a lot since then. The biggest change had been my plans for this summer. I honestly never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever thought I would be going to be in the MTC a year from when I wrote my 200th post.

I also got over the girl I had a crush before I even started writing this blog. It was tough and it's not 100% over, but it's somewhere in the A or A- percentage range of being done. 

Since my two hundredth post, I had accidentally fallen for a great friend of mine. It was some of the best months of my life, which is ironic because in one of the few girls I didn't look for romantic involvement was where I found it in one of the best ways: falling for your best friend. What once was is now over, but I will never forget the moments we shared (and we didn't even kiss, so how's that for a typical teenage relationship?).

My brother went on a mission between 1 and 100 and my other brother moved to Taiwan between 100 & 200. I have gained another family member and will gain two more in the next two months. 

I ran for Student Body President.

I lost.

I tried to get a girl to like me.

She never did.

I went out for Mr. Viking.

I lost.

I bought a computer.

I got accepted to the University of Utah (and to the Honors College, as of today!)

I grew closer to lots of people. People I never thought I would be friends with. Some of the friendships I cherish the most are the ones I didn't think would ever exist. 

I found out I am going to Italy. Not only that, but I have a friend going with me that I have known since fourth grade. One of the biggest steps in my life and Heavenly Father was kind enough to give me a great person to step with.

I tried getting my eagle, gave up, and tried again and succeeded.

I had one of my videos featured on TV for the first time in my life.

I found out that my cousin and I are really really similar. Down to the pair of glasses we order from Warby Parker.

I went to my first concert. And my second (and more, but those are the ones that matter). I saw some of my musical heroes with two of my best friends.

My testimony grew immensely. It's unbelievable.

I found a nature talent in making videos. And I freaking love it.

I learned how to play the guitar. Not a pro, but I could learn a super simple song if I have a few months.

I joined a choir class and can kind of sing.

In the words of a person I never thought I would be close to (one of the head cheerleaders), "Wyatt, you've really bloomed this year." And it's true. I am just getting the right stride going this year. The list of people who don't like me I can count on one hand and hopefully I will be friends with before I leave. I just love people, you know?

I have come close to deciding what I want to do with my life (about twenty times). The current ambition: story writer for Pixar and/or Disney. It'll probably change soon.

My life is getting better every day. It's really just all about attitude.

No comments: