3.22.2013

Astigmatism

I need glasses. Have needed them since 7th grade. My problem is I have astigmatism in my eyes. I almost always have my glasses on if my eyes are open. I just barely realized the correlation with my eye problems and one of my favorite hobbies: cinematography. You see, astigmatism is caused by the clear part of my eye being oval shaped, causing multiple focal points and making light come in weird. Look at this:

Now you're probably thinking This is dumb. Fair enough. But read this: Because of my astigmatism, I can only see about a foot in front of me clearly, no more and no less. My favorite part of filming is the focus feature, which is pretty similar. You can be focused too close and it will be blurry and you can be focused too far away and it will be blurry, kind of like my eyes. Basically what I am saying is that I have cameras for eyes, so it's no wonder I have a natural eye for camera work. 

Wow. That was a lot of build up for almost nothing. That's what you get from a sleep deprived, stressed-from-the-end-of-the-term, just napped on a Friday afternoon Wyatt Duclos.

For suffering through that, here is a special gift.


Stay classy, my friends.

1 comment:

jessie said...

i have astigmatisms too yo.