3.29.2013

I'm going to be super blunt

A while back, I thought I wanted to write for my readers. But I would rather take some advice from a good friend of mine, Jameson Ricks. "Don't write for people, write for yourself. It makes a lot of difference." I am going to write my blatant thoughts, unedited. I don't care if you don't like it, you can just not read it. I will delete comments that annoy me, because this is my blog.

Either you are getting ready to go on a mission or you have a girlfriend. Seriously guys. How can you be preparing your heart, mind, might and strength to be given to the Lord if you don't have your heart with you? Missions are not just casually things. These two years are more important than the other 18 to 19 years combined. Nothing you have done thus far will compare to them because you have been acting in your own name. You are preparing to represent Jesus Christ literally. YOU ARE TAKING UPON YOURSELF HIS NAME! This is not a mess around time. Stop it. Just stop being a self centered idiot and realize that eternal salvation is on the line and you will regret every moment you were distracted from preparing. 

Another thing: The doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the doctrine of gay marriage do not work together. A majority of active members of the church can tell you that they would follow the gospel to the point of dying for it. But bring up gay marriage and some get a little, "Eeehhhhh...I don't think the church is right on this one." News flash, guys. EITHER IT'S ALL TRUE OR IT'S ALL FALSE. THE GOSPEL IS NOT PICK AND CHOOSE. YOU EITHER BELIEVE EVERYTHING OR NOTHING. YOU CANNOT HAVE A LASTING TESTIMONY OF 99% OF THE GOSPEL. THIS IS A BLACK AND WHITE SITUATION. Did I make that clear to understand? 

Different topic. What's with girls these days? Every girl turned into a piranha. A "craving senior guys with their mission calls" piranha. Seriously. Every single one of my friends with a call has a girl that could easily become their girlfriend. Heck, since I got my call I've found out about three girls have crushes on me. ME! Are you stupid? No girls like me. For lots of good reasons. I am not being hard on myself, but rather them. Just stop! I am not on the market because the salesman saw that I was moldy or something and threw me away. Why rummage in the garbage? (Don't comment comforting me, I like bashing myself. It only makes the finale more ironic when it turns out my wife is perfect) And another thing about girls! When did they all just go up at least three points each? I mean really, girls are so fetching good looking. JUST GO AWAY! I  can't deal with you right now. I have never wanted to go to an all-guys school more than I do now.

I don't know why I act weird or why people like it. Personally, I hate it. I wish I was just not a weirdy. 

Why has almost all of music and television and movies gone down the crapper? Who wants another freaking Transformers movie? The world's taste is deteriorating. Have you heard the top ten iTunes songs? Only one is clean and that's because it's written by a Mormon (which I am not angry about. I approve of famous Mormon musicians. Like him.) I am starting to hate pop culture. Me. The Abed of Pleasant Grove. The guy that can quote a movie for every situation. The guy that has seen more movies than any person should. That should tell you how bad it's getting out there.

I am just so annoyed by a few things and I needed to vent and so I wrote for myself. Sorry if you cried because I hurt your feelings. You read it without me forcing you to.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

With both of my brothers, their success on their missions increased significantly after they got Dear John-ed. It's not a coincidence, it's focus.