6.10.2011

And that is how I quite my first job.

I haven't quite managed to quit just yet, but it will happen soon. Stuff like this weekend must come to an end. It's ridiculous that I am only scheduled for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I mean, seriously. Then stuff like last night. After finishing a seven hour shift, I check to see if I may go home. No, because that would be WAY to convenient for me. I have to do go-backs (basically putting stuff back that people brought to the register and did not want to buy). With a full cart of go-backs, sore legs, and my father waiting for me, I was not a courteous Courtesy Clerk. Such a joke. Luckily, with the help of my dad, I managed to finish in a half hour. Once tamsolutions tells me I have a job, I will two-week-notice my butt out of there.

From what I just wrote, it may seem like the worst to work at Macey's. However, there are some highlights. Like my favorite guest ever. As a fat lady passed in front of her car, a woman rolled down her window and asked me how many points she would get if she were to hit the large woman with her car. She totally made my night.

Another highlight is this: cream. Not just any cream, but the cream for strawberries and cream. It is nice to be able to eat strawberries and cream for dinner whilst on my break. I had to pay $11.00 extra because I needed Lactade pills (due to my intolerance to the sugar in milk), but it was so worth it.

Macey's may pay well and have strawberries and cream, but let's face it, on a Friday night I would much rather be with a girl.

No comments: