5.10.2011

Something I wrote at 12:00

I wrote this, something I know for a fact is true:



What I do today, this week, right now matter more than I can ever truly realize. The choices I make will not only affect me and my future but the future and lives of my spouse, my children and their posterity. What momentary lapse of self indulgence isn’t worth all those lives? What school assignment isn’t worth doing for those children of God?
This moment, this choice, every choice is a hinge, a changing point. However small this may seem now could and most likely would affect nations of souls. Those I befriend, those I will teach on my mission, my spouse, those wonderful children I will help conceive, and any of those people I meet could easily be changed forever by any selfish, self-centered acts on my part.
Though it may just be a second, its consequences will last eternally. No matter how small, this choice will make an exponentially large difference. The whole situation boils down to one simple yes or no question: “Is 5 minutes of temporary ‘happiness’ worth the salvation of millions of innocent people?”

1 comment:

Karie said...

I like your thoughts on this Wyatt. You are wise beyond your years.