5.15.2011

Dates: Mission Prep.

You may be thinking, "wait missionaries and dating?," but hear me out. All the dates I've been on (a grand total of two now), show me there are main points similar to missionary work. Like these:

•You will need to practice talking to people you have not ever met on their doorstep about things they may not really like (I.E. going on a date with their daughter or sharing the truth of the gospel).

•(This mostly applies to girl's choice with home cooked meals) You must eat everything on your plate regardless of how disgusting it looks or how hungry you are not. You must also accept seconds, thirds are optional. Fourths may get you kicked out.

•Regardless of how awkward you may feel and how much you dislike your date/companion, you must continue with a cheerful attitude and a happy demeanor lest you kill yourself. (I just figured this out on my own, not by experience)

•Kissing is for after you mission.

•Do not forget you have morals and you are always a representative of the Lord our God.

See? Five examples off the top of my head.

For more interesting and less philosophical reading material, here is my Morp date. I woke up to a text and 2 Facebook messages from Ashley about Morp that created and solve a problem 2 hours before I awoke. Then she picked me up, we went to her friend's house and played volleyball. Then we ate, argued about music, and did flips.

Then we went home. After the day date, I fertilized the lawn. Then I took a nap then showered. Ashley then picked me up. We went to some house (I don't know where) and we took pictures. I got about 75% through a backflip. I also got about 50% and landed upside down. Bit uncomfortable. Then we took more pictures and went another place for dinner. Ashley ate mango for the first time. Crazy, I know. She needs to bulrushes her life. Anyway, we played basketball for a while and went the dance. After awhile, we went to another house and played Mario Kart 64. I had the best time with Ashley and will be posting pictures when I get them.

I had one of the best days of my life and won't forget it soon.

No comments: