5.08.2011

The Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything

Just f. your information, this is my forty-second post. According to Deep Thought (of H.H.G.T.T.G.), 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything. So I just went on my first date with a wonderful young lady, Kassie Hymas.
That's her. Beauty, eh? Photo stolen from Mandi Call's Facebook.
I find it amazing that someone so pretty would be willing to go with me, especially someone 2 years older. So she hadn't seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Crazy, right? We watched that. But prior to that, we had to wait for Nate's date (rhyme time?). So because it would have been impractical to drove from her neighborhood (south Lindon) to go to my house (central PG), we just went to a church parking lot. I then proceeded to teach Kassie how to interpretive dance, using the lessons I received from me brother, Brock, while Nate tried to break into the church to use the restroom.
Nate Church, one of my heroes.
After picking his date, Marissa Smith, up, we went to my house and watched Ferris Bueller. We ate popcorn and chips and drank Strawberry Lemonade. To pay homage to Seinfeld, we ate Snickers with a fork and knife. Pretty sick, right?

Scout Smith. I mean Marissa.
Afterwards we played Imagineiff... until 11:05. Then we took our dates home. Everyone got scared by a guy that was in his car who was in front of Marissa's house. I felt left out because I wasn't scared. Dang nerves of steel. My door step scene was not "romantic." Kassie is such a great friend and I am really happy I got the chance to go with her. She is the best. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wyatt.. I like your blog:)

kassie said...

Wyatt this makes me so incredibly happy! I had so so so much fun too! It was the best. Also, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, what a keeper. It is now on my list of favorite movies, thanks to you!

P.S. Worst picture of me EVER. That's ok though.

W. R. Duclos said...

This comment is addressed to someone and Kassie:
Someone, I thank you and am very surprised at my lack of fear when someone I do not know commented on a blog that has very much personal information. I truly have nerves of steel. It could also be considered idiocy.
Kassie, I am very relieved you had an enjoyable time. Ferris Bueller does deserve to be on your favorite movies. You are terrific and I will miss you profusely as you leave high school.

W. R. Duclos said...

Also, Kassie, if that picture is the worst picture of you, then you are even more beautiful than I thought.