5.23.2011

Good Music

WARNING: This post is insensitive, rude and altogether slanderous to a majority of the US population. If you like  bands, artists or what passes as artists these days, that are super overly popular, do not say I did not warn you.

Like the rest of the crap in the world, people accept crappy music just because it is on. I am not a conformist. I do not thing that (insert weird, popular, female artist's name here) is a good artist at all. I would rather dances just played the worst songs by my favorite artists than what they usually play. The Decemberists, for example, is a great band. The music they write is creative, original and has more than 3 words in it. Another band, The Shins. Fun, upbeat, thought provoking. Muse, A-Ha, Aerosmith, Arcade Fire (Great video to boot), Band of Horses, Bishop Allen, Broken Bells, Chuck Berry, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Elvis Presley, Foreigner, Frankie Valli, Huey Lewis, Juanes, Modest Mouse (select few songs, I do not think they are the best band, language wise), The Postal Service, The White Stripes, The Who! What is the world coming to with stuff like Glee (I may have to burn my hands for typing that) being popular!?!? I hate it so much.

World, listen to good music. Like Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with 90% of this, at least.