11.02.2012

The Celibate Life

I spent two years, one month and eight days. I was invested in, let's say, stock. For 13.4% of my life and 76.2% of my high school career, I was invested. Granted, I was not fully invested, but it was at the lowest a 90% investment in this cause. I thought, you know, I will ride this to the end and by then, I will for sure have something to show. 
But as the days, weeks, months, and years passed, my confidence, like anyone's would, waned. The stock was not increasing. Like a lifeless body, the measurements were flatlined. No money gained. Today the stock market closed and although the stock was where it always was, when I got a special report, it felt it was at an all-time low.
So I am pulling out. One thing that I learned is that if something doesn't change for two years, one month and eight days, it probably will not. When the market opens next, let the record show that Wyatt Duclos is not and will not be invested anywhere. The stock market is not my place. I've tried and failed on the small scale, never at 90% or even 75% and not for so long. However, this was, as they say, the final nail in the coffin. Fully invested for two years and one month and eight days and all I have to show for it is what I put in.
Every shooting star. Every fallen eyelash. Every 11:11. All my wishes for the past two years, one month and 8 days was for the stock to go up. All my wishes were for her to like me back. Today is the day I realize that none of my wishes will ever come true. And that's what makes it so hard.
There you go. I, Wyatt Duclos, give up. Thank you, world, for teaching me the lesson that I can do all that is possible and nothing will happen. That works out great.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, Wyatt. The stock market is awful.
If you ever want to talk, you can call me. I know very little about the literal stock market, but I'm a pretty good listener. (:

Eryn said...

hey i wasted 4 years if it makes you feel any better.