1.15.2012

Two Years

So I turn 19 in 727 days. I can be in the mission field as early as 727 days from now. I went to a farewell for a great man who I probably won't see for about four years. Zach Harris is one of my heroes. It made me realize how much I am going to miss the people I've known for longer than a year and a half. Like Nate Church or Taft Robinson or Trevor Ward. People like Josh Brown and Nate Cutler and every other guy who'll be leaving. (Hey all you girls out there- I probably won't miss you while I am gone. Take it personally if you'd like.)
I really love the church and I love the gospel. It can make miracles happen. I know it's truth and I strive to be like our Savior always. Seriously, He loves us more than words can describe. I would do anything I could for the people I love. I can't imagine anything that would make me scared to save even a single person. That is what makes what the Savior did so important. I didn't volunteer. The sacrifice was too much for me. I can't comprehend that. If the sacrifice was too great for me, the Savior loved us more than I could understand in this mortal world. It amazes me to know that He loves me that much. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I challenge you, reader of my blog, to study the Book of Mormon and pray to know it's truth. I promise nothing but blessings will come. I know that He loves you beyond anything ever. Remember that in times of trial.

I usually hate the stuff I write a few months after I write it, but not this. I wrote this a while back, but the truth of it is still the truth. Check it up:

I am proud to say that I am very brave (at least in past circumstances I have proven myself). I believe that, if needs be, I could do anything. If the situation was grave enough, I would be victorious. But I am not fearless. I submit to you my greatest fear: I fear that those I love and care deeply about don't care about me, or worse yet, dislike me. I am afraid that my friends who I would die for think of me as next to nothing. I fear that my best is not good enough. I fear I am a nuisance. I always think it and I hate it. I don't know if I'm anything worth caring for.

But then I remember someone, the greatest person ever to love. I remember our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He loves me. He knows who I am and still, He loves me. He rejoices when I make good choices, even when I am alone. When I make bad choices, He waits with open arms of forgiveness. No matter the problems in my life, He and my Father in Heaven will support me.

Jesus, my older brother, loves me enough that He died so I may be eternally happy. He suffered pain and scorn because He knew it would be worth doing. And He did not do this just for me. He did this for my friends, my neighbors, everyone who has been on this earth or will be on this earth. He is our shepherd, the voice in the dark, calling us to the light. He did so much for us because He loves us. He loves me.



So from now on, if you ever wonder, Am I good enough?, just remember, He knows you are and no one else can even compare.

Original post here.

No comments: