1.09.2012

Getting sick of it

I could die right now. Everything is the worst. I am stressed, tired, sick and finished. I reached the end of my rope. That is exactly why people would expect someone to give up. The world would look at a hopeless, sick, tired, angry Junior in high school and expect one thing: completely giving up. When you can't take anymore, it's expected. Live up to expectations, yeah?
The truth is, I want to give up. I want to sleep in tomorrow and forget that I have to get good grades in order to have a good future. I would love to do something other than worry. I want to not care.
But that exact thinking, those exact expectations are the limits on a normal person. A person satisfied with his life won't grow. A person who is satisfied with his life won't get any where. I won't stay in one spot. I refuse to stop growing. I refuse to give in. Why? Because the expectations are for me to give up and I want to surprise people. I want people to realize that I am not going to give up just because I reached rock bottom. "We may be in the gutter, but some of us still look to the stars." I will do it because I can do it. It is a small part of my entire life. So in short, I won't give up because that is what people don't expect of me.

No comments: