2.10.2012

Missing You

There are a few habits I got while hanging out with my best friend, Brock Duclos.  For example, every time I go to the Macey's deli, I sit in the exact same spot. Brock and I would play a game to see who was more "psychic" by quizzing each other on the things behind us. Brock always sat facing the store and I faced the drink dispensers. Because it was "tradition" (according to Brock, anyway) we always sat like this and he always got quizzed on the easy side. I haven't sat anywhere else in the deli since he left.  One time, a song came on in the car ride home from work. He asked me the name of the song (the title was "Blindsided") and after I told him, he responded by saying, "I knew that." I don't really know what made that very funny, but every time that song come on, one of us would start to recreate the conversation. To this day I still say it.  I kind of miss my best friend. It's been over 150 days (yeah, I do take a daily tally on my wall like an inmate). He's having the time of his life. My life could've been similar, but Calculus is too big of a part of my life for me to be happy. 

No comments: