8.11.2011

Write of Passage

I am not an idiot. I know "write" is not the same as "rite." You'll get my point in a bit.

I love English. I love reading novels, writing stuff (hey, like a blog!), and just thinking about how to form a sentence properly. I don't just read a book, I study it. I make sure I get the full meaning of the text by paying attention to spelling and grammar. English is what I live for. So I have a chance to write stories and get paid for it. I really think that I could be good at that. When I write, I feel like my mind produces the text of my life. When I finish a paragraph, I am always completely satisfied with it. Otherwise, I would not be done with it. I find myself accidentally writing essays in my free time. I live to write.
I wonder if Kurt Vonnegut felt this burning passion to change the world through words. I wonder if this is how Harper Lee felt as she wrote what billions have read. I wonder what it takes to be great. Will the name "Duclos" appear as much as "Rowling"? Can I  become great? Can I succeed?

No comments: