6.19.2013

Sometimes

You just don't know what to think. You don't know what you want to think. Everything is perfect in a twisted way, but you don't want to fix it.

The best thing to remember is thirty five days. Thirty five days and one hour and nine minutes. And my life is getting so perfect, I just want to be gone. Because no matter what, my life right now is going to end July 23. Everything. Everything will be different. My name won't be W.R. Duclos, it will be Anziano Duclos.

Wyatt will be gone for two years. Not just gone from Utah, but gone from everything. I don't want to be the limited, short sighted Wyatt anymore. This is going to be a change that will make me better, but the thing about change is you can't change halfway. All or nothing. I am going to embrace this growing experience and I am completely ready to do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do.

I want to grow in the spirit. Nephi didn't question for a moment who was telling him to kill Laban. He knew is was the spirit. If I were him, my first thought would probably be, "Hahaha! Nice try Satan!" Nephi, Alma, Moroni, Abinadi. Those guys are what I need to aspire to be. It's hard. I have a lot that I could embrace instead that would honestly be more rewarding right now, but I don't think I can wait until July 23 to grow up. I need to do it now.

This post could be really vague, it could make a lot of sense. I am tired because I just had a great night that won't happen again until a long time from now. I don't know what to think. But I think the easiest thing is to just be done with everything, because Italy and I have a date set up for a couple years and if you can say one thing about Wyatt, it is that he does not neglect his date. Those Italians need me and I need them. It's weird that I love people I know not at all, but I do. These people are the ones that Heavenly Father sent me to. Ammon and King Lamoni type friendships are overdue for sure.


So say arrivederci to girl crazy, lazy, flirty, weird, loud, random Wyatt Duclos and remember why he is leaving. Because I mean, come on, Anziano Duclos is about a billion times better.

And that is worth it to me.



Oh yeah, "anziano" means "elder" in Italian. Fun fact for you.

No comments: