5.01.2012

Far better is it to dare mighty things

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Thomas Jefferson sure can tell it.  Today I dared a mighty thing: I told the girl I love how I feel about her. I wanted to figure out if she liked me in that way or I was jut being self-deluding. She does not. It was not a surprising conversation and to be honest I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know, but it was good. It was possibly the hardest thing to say that I have ever said to anyone. She took it well and we decided that it shouldn't affect our friendship (it is a friendship I love more than most others) and I really believe it won't. 
Seriously it would've been the best if she told me that all those doubts were fictional and she does like me, but it is no big deal that it was about the opposite. It really is better to know that a not terrific possibility is a reality than to not know whether it is going one way or another. I definitely won't stop liking her because unlike a majority of the world, I have feelings more than a simple on and off switch.
Also, to quote her, I am very understanding, sweet, kind, and forward, so ladies, just know I'm single.


(/

No comments: