4.30.2013

I'm the same

So I didn't blog for 19 days. Longest gap I've had in a long while. But be grateful Juan Pablo, because a lot of what happened in the last 19 days was a lot like this crap. I don't like a lot of those blog posts because:
A) They're annoying and vague.
B) They show me at my weakest.
C) Who wants to read that crap?

Thanks to my lack of ambition, a side affect of senioritis, you don't have to read those posts I could have written.
Here are the last 19 days summed up in nineteen words:
California
Disneyland
Girl Relapse
Eagle Court of Honor
Senioritis
Lack of Ambition
Confusion
Done with high school
No money

That's all you need to know. Here are some thoughts that I have had lately:

  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a completely different movie when you are a month away from graduation.
  • I am really popular. I don't know what happened. Suddenly, I am not that nerd everyone thinks is weird. I am that weird nerd that everyone wonders how someone like me got so popular.
  • Clark Kent would be a lot like me. You know what I mean? I mean, really. To totally dissuade anyone who might think he is Superman, he would be a total nerd who isn't into much physical activity.
  • I am so done with high school. My new favorite line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off is, "It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school." I mean, really, give me one thing that I need to learn in the next month that I haven't learned some time in the last thirteen years. High school really is childish and stupid.
  • I have eighty five more days in my home. Pleasant Grove and I are parting ways, maybe (probably not) for good. Okay, I don't have a girlfriend. I won't have a girlfriend before my mission. But I have PG. This town has given me everything. I'm telling you, there is no where in the world that can compare to Pleasant Grove. She is my first love. 
  • Sometimes I can think for a little bit what I want to do with my life, but it only sticks around for a couple days, maximum. A couple serious considerations: secret agent, writer, journalist, director, movie writer, neurological scientist, brain surgeon, chef, restaurant owner, psychologist, life counselor (I don't know what that would be, exactly, I'm just good at advice), astronaut. I have no idea. I just wish it would be simpler. Freaking heck. 
  • My wife>>>>>>>. (And I never do the greater than thing, so that proves how true that is).
  • Man of Steel is going to be one of the best movies ever made. I am going to promise you that right now. And if it's rated 'R,' I may have one of the biggest life decisions ever to make: whether or not I see it.
  • I seemed to have lost my lactose intolerance. But at the same time, I got allergies. That is pretty weird.
  • I am so ready to be going to Italy. I won't be sad leaving. I'm ready to just move on. But driving on the freeway between the MTC and the airport past the only place ever to be my home will be the hardest part. I'll probably cry.
That was April for me. Sorry I never posted. It's not that I'm not good at it, typically. 

85 days.

No comments: