1.19.2013

Gosh

I just had a crazy night. It all started at 5:00 when my friend, Cora Owens, took me on a date. We went to Taco Amigo then went to see The Hobbit. When we got back to the car and she turned on the radio, we heard the words, "PG" and "Triple overtime." All thoughts of the beautifully written and emotionally moving film I had just seen left my brain. Pleasant Grove played against Lehi High School last night and won in quadruple overtime 109-107. I listened to the rest of the game and then called Trevor who was there. We talked a bit and it was great. Awesome job, Vikings.

But that was just the beginning. 


After I hung up the phone with Trevor, I get a text from my good friend and Pleasant Grove Sports Network's play-by-play commentator, David Brinkerhoff. It read, "Hey so Jeremiah Jensen from KSL wants us to edit the film for him.  Want to come to Russ' room and help us edit? Plus you can turn Kurt's music off." In my defense, Kurt's music is about as tasteful as this.
I was in my underwear watching Saved By the Bell when I got offered the chance to edit something that would actually go on television. I am not going to lie in saying that that is one of the coolest things that has ever been offered to me.
The only problem is that it was already 11:00 and I was planning on going to bed soon. Of course within minutes I was fully clothed and at my mother's bedside begging for her approval. She said yes as long as I updated her on how long I would be (I figured it would be two hours, tops).

After making a quick Wendy's run, we started into the work of editing the footage for a highlight reel. 



Five and a half hours I worked. 


From 11:30 PM to 5:00 AM I edited, searching through over an two hours of footage and separate footage for a total highlight reel time of 3 minutes. And right now, I am finally editing my masterpiece. 

This is my biggest break in the field of editing. Forget that Wednesday the school played the copy of Ferris Bueller's Day Off that I edited, this actually will have my name attached. I am going to make it big. Just watch.

No comments: