6.07.2012

Let's be honest

Working a minimum of 36 hours this week, my uncle's wedding, going on a date with my good friend to said wedding, more work, and then one of the best weeks of the year, Strawberry Days. I am not sure, but I am pretty confident in saying that this Strawberry Days is going to be the best ever. Youth Council will be great, plus I mean it's Strawberry Days, it'd be great if it were in the middle of winter. I also have a hike and date planned for Wednesday, which will be amazing. Also, I have lactose pills with no conceivable end coming soon, which is necessary for a good amount of strawberry and cream goodness. 
This will be the second to last Strawberry Days I will attend. So far in my life (as far as I am aware), I have never, ever not gone to the rodeo at least once, even when my sunburn blistered. In fact, the only thing I wanted while in my excruciating sunburn pain was to be at the rodeo eating my favorite summer treat. I have never not loved Strawberry Days. This is the last one I will help with while being on Youth Council. This is the last Strawberry Days where I know I will have required school in two and a half months. This is the last time I will be able to go to Strawberry Days as a child.
Sometimes life goes by fast. I am grateful for this wonderful week for reminding me annually of what's to come. Just like this is the longest running tradition in Utah, the memories I got from these sixteen weeks of summer bliss are among the most cherished in my life. I feel that a great deal of my joy in life comes from the warm summer mornings I sat watching the parade which, while never being the biggest, was always the best. Trying to sleep in the solitude of winter seemed impossible without thinking of the best time of the year, thoughts which warmed me to want to press on, if only to make it to the third week in June. My life has forever been changed by Pleasant Grove and I give back to the city that raised me by helping with the best week of my annual life: Strawberry Days.

No comments: