9.07.2011

I Love You, I Love You, Older Brother of Mine.

You are probably sick of hearing about my brother leaving, but it is the hardest trial I have ever faced, so deal with this last post at least.  He got set apart about two hours ago. Here are the things I will miss most in my day to day life: Talking. Brock and I spoke a lot together and he has been my most trusted confidant. Not talking. We would listen to music together. We would just sit in his room and do our own things. Just being together was enough.  Getting food. Gandy's, Wendy's, Taco Friend, or Rancharito's, it didn't matter. We always ordered the same thing and hardly veered of our staple places of eating.  DI runs. Granted, we haven't done this since he was in high school, but we always had fun going to the DI together. Afterwards we would go to Macey's and get lunch specials from the deli. We would quiz each other on products and details, like Shawn's dad does in Psych.  The usual things. There were just little things that we always did that became habit because it was just what we did. Like randomly quoting TV shows and movies that applied to the situation or blowing straw wrappers at each other. Listening to a song and cranking it while we both belted even though we sound like dying walruses. Inside jokes. Races to get the bathroom or shotgun in the car.  Describing cool ideas to each other. He had an idea for a seminary video and he was so into the whole story and had the music playing and it was hilarious.  Learning the gospel together. One of the best moments of my life is when my mom said we could play the candy bar game for family home evening only if we prepared a lesson. We turned to each other and both said at the same time, "Lesson one in Preach My Gospel." It is like we study the same stuff or something.  His presence. Even if he wasn't with me, I knew I could almost always talk to him within the hour. He was a constant that will be removed, and the only thing I hate more than Brock leaving is the variable that will replace him. I hate variables.  So he will be gone by 12:30 tomorrow. I can't imagine my brain would waste this much water for crying's sake. 

1 comment:

Karie said...

I love you Wyatt!